Friday, 10 February 2017

Lady Boss in the Making



Sitting here, feeling kind of uninspired I thought about what I am trying to achieve - how am I becoming a lady boss? How am I determining my destiny? How am I making my blogging dreams come true? Or something along those lines. It's daunting to put so much pressure on something and then have to play the waiting game to see if it really works, to see if an opportunity will come knocking at your front door - any time now!

I think of all the female bloggers who are making it happen and essentially living out that lady boss dream whilst also making me aspire to work just as hard as them. Sara Donaldson, Margaret Zhang, Nadia Fairfax, Nicole Warne - I WANT YOUR LIFE!!! They are a constant reminder to find inspiration in the most unlikely of places, mould my creative thoughts into something more than just a creative thought and continuously work towards something I will eventually be so proud of.

But in all honesty, constantly being on the daily grind is hard - I'm tired, somewhat uninspired and bogged down in everyday life. But all it takes is a few short minutes to get my motivation back on track. Reminding myself of my goals and seemingly elusive dreams seems to do exactly that (FYI: that one's a top tip for the future).


Right now I am an amateur blogger, working retail full time and recruiting my friend to be my personal photographer - thanks again Katie! This creative space I made is helping me discover who I am and achieve my dreams, blah, blah, blah (total cliche, I know)... but it's true. You know what they say, 'when life gives you too many creative ideas for your own head, write a blog and relentlessly release them to others'.

Even though in these photos I am walking across a sports ground carpark trying to look somewhat Lady Bossish, praying no one saw me - I am feeling awesome. Hopefully, one day I will look back at these old posts, and thank my nineteen year old self for getting out there and attempting to become a Lady Boss even if I had no idea what I was doing.

Kenz (Lady Boss in the Making) xx


1 comment: